June 8, 2009

We should have listened...

Yesterday Paul and I were getting ready to take a family walk. For some reason or another I didn't bring everything that I usually do on my walks...like the diaper bag with extra food and my house keys. This time I only brought along the garage door opener despite the fact that I had the spirit tell me "you might want to bring your house keys along". (I think you might know where this story might be going) Paul had a similar experience and dismissed it just the same. So we left the house as a family and took a walk around our neighborhood. When we got back we tried to open the garage and our garage opener was NOT working!!! Oh no! We didn't have any extra keys stashed anywhere and the only other people who have an extra key are the Johnson's who live more than half an hour away. So after some debate we realize that our bedroom window is open and Paul pops open the screen and climbs into the house.

So we now realize that Heaven Father was trying to teach us a lesson, and lesson learned. We will be more diligent on listening to that still small voice. I am so grateful to a Heavenly Father who know us so well and wants the best for us. A Heavenly Father who knows us so well. I am grateful that we also have the opportunity to chose for ourselves and in our case it usually turns into a learning experience.

No comments: