September 11, 2009

The Phrase: Sleeping like a baby (finally rings true)

So as I am sure many new mom's make the usual first parent mistakes. Ours was putting Austin to sleep in his swing. It was just easier and I was so tired from not sleeping through the night. So our little bundle of joy became accustomed to his swing and wouldn't sleep any where else. For a while this worked until he wasn't getting good naps. I was trying all different types of advice that I got from family and friends, but I think the thing that worked was that our Austin was ready for a change.
So I tried darkening the room and reading him a book to help calm him down. Then I put him in his crib and played his mobile. There were a few protests on his part but soon he was fast asleep. I was so proud of my little boy and our accomplishment.
Here is sleeping close to the baby monitor so that I could hear him snoring.
Almost 6 months and we are starting to get the hang of things :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay. Isn't it annoying how little you know. I'm still lost and Chelsey is 8 1/2months old. I think she'll be moved out by the time I figure this out.