March 8, 2010

Valentine's Day, in March

This year it was Paul's year to do Valentine's Day (we switch off our anniversary and Valentine celebration. This was also the first year that we had a baby too so Paul planned to have my mom and dad watch him while I was surprised with a night out.
If you know anything about us you know we LOVE Disneyland. And for as long as I can remember I have always wanted to go to that cool restaurant in the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, the Blue Bayou. And my hubby was so sweet that he took me there and since we had a sitter I got to have a warm meal ( you moms know what I am talking about) We got seated right by the water and the ambiance was so cool! We both ordered chicken gumbo and the surf and turf (lobster and fillet Mignon!!!!) I can't remember the last time that my mouth was so happy!
Not only did we have a great meal but we had a great view!
What a wonderful day set aside to show that person you love just how much you love them. We show each other all the time but its nice to have special days too!
Thanks for a wonderful Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

The Nedrys said...

I have always wanted to go there too! I am glad to know it was yummy. Sounds like a fun night out! One of these days when we are in CA, we will have to try to do it!

Tiffanie said...

I love that restaurant. and I am sure it was a yummy dinner but I only have eyes for the monte cristo sandwich.... yes not a steak and lobster but so amazing. you should try it next time!

Maurice&Tash said...

Never eaten there but its 5:06 am and I could REALL use a steak right now. Seriously. mmmmm. You probably should have brought me as Paul's sitter.