March 13, 2011

March 10, 2011

Welcome to the world my son
Andrew Hendrik Hunter
Born March 10, 2011 at 5:27 pm
7 pounds 2 ounces and 19.5 inches long
We woke up 5:19 am on Thursday to labor and delivery calling us asking us if we wanted to have our baby today, they had room for an induction today. I am 40 wks and 6 days and responded "YES!". So we got ready and headed over to the hospital and arrived around 7am. After we were all checked in and I was assessed to see what stage of labor was in to determine how they would respond with induction. It turned out I just needed a little kick start because all I took was a 1/4 of a pill and about a half hour later starting having contractions. About 10 am they became more regular and closer together. By 11:30 am I asked for an epidural and it was smooth sailing after that. I was ready to go by 4:30 pm and just needed to wait for the doctor to come to start pushing. The doctor arrived around 5:15 broke my water and Andrew entered the world at 5:27pm.
It was such a whirlwind day, it hardly seems real. We are so blessed that Andrew is here and is happy and healthy. We are even more blessed with an amazing family and friends who have shown their support. My mom flew in from California to care for Austin while I was in the hospital, we received countless texts and calls from friends and meals from ward members, co-workers and my mom. I am also so thankful for a husband who is understanding, patient and loving. I could not have done this day with out him.
We are so excited about our growing family and we are all doing well and loving life!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Congrats. He is so handsome! Andit sounds like it went pretty smoothly which is always nice!

Debbie said...

Boy, what a cute boy! We are happy for you. I can't wait to meet Andrew. Our love to your little family.