May 18, 2011

My Oma

Her name is Elly Louise Simon van Coevorden

but we just called her Oma



I got a message yesterday informing me that my Oma passed away. She lived an extremely full life and she was 91 years young. Although she is gone and with my Opa we are left with a treasure of memories.



Some of the memories that I look back on with fondness were the many summers spent in Holland at my Oma's house. My sister and I would tie our barbies with string and swing them from her second story home into the entry way of her home for hours. I remember the countless meals she would make and many of our outings. One memory that sticks out in particular was when she would do her morning exercises. I thought it was so cool that she could lay on her back kick her legs over her head. That is the memory that I think of when I think of her. I love her and will miss her.



She was survived by friends who adored her and family who loved her. She had three sons and 1 (wonderful) daughter (my mom). She had ten grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren.


We love you Oma!

2 comments:

The Nedrys said...

It's always hard to lose a loved one. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad you have such wonderul memories to think back on.

Anneke said...

So sorry for your loss :(. But that was a wonderful tribute to your Oma and your memories will be forever cherished!!