January 21, 2012

It snowed so much...our power went out

Nothing will humble you more than having your electricity taken away! What a wake up call and good trial run for our family. We weren't prepared but you better believe we won't be in that position again! We were with out power for a day and a half. Which wouldn't have been so bad but I am not super confident driving in the snow (California girl) so we stayed home. Here are some pictures of our adventures.


Preserving the important stuff

our only heat source in the house and protecting it from Austin and Andrew
keeping the chubs warm

This one too

We were caught at the end of our cycle so we needed to go grocery shopping but couldn't leave...no food. But pizza showed up at the door step, my sister ordered pizza for us (my phone wasn't working so I couldn't call myself)

all in all we survived. It made me think of my Mormon pioneer ancestors and what they must have gone through trekking in the snow with their children. Wow. Super grateful for all they have done.


Generator has been purchased and food that doesn't need to be cooked will be bought (we have an electric stove). We will be prepared next time. But I am glad that we have a good network through our church and good friends who checked up and helped one another.



No comments: